Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Get Ripped!

Yesterday, (Monday April 19th) I did the Ripped 1000 DVD with Jari Love. OUCH! That video is tough. Lots of reps, lots of lactic acid, mixed in with short bursts of high intensity cardio between tracks. They have tested these techniques and claim they burn 100% carbs and can bust you out of a plateau. You should see results within 2 weeks, although I'm not sure what type of result they are referring to. I plan on doing this DVD 3 times per week, (M,W,F) for the next 6 weeks.

I hope to see some improvement in my stamina soon. I'm no stranger to exercise and perceive myself as being pretty fit, but this DVD makes me feel like a total beginner! It wipes me out! And though I'm used to lifting some pretty heavy weight, it's quite a change to use light weights and TONS of reps. It blasts my muscles! If I was bored with my old routine before, I won't be complaining of it anymore. I was sweating like a pig and working hard!

Hopefully it won't become one of those "dreaded" exercise routines that I don't look forward to. Like I said, I'm going to TRY and stick with it for at least the next 6 weeks. I've got two other Ripped DVDs besides the 1000. I have Slim and Lean, and Ripped & Chiseled. So if I want to mix it up, no problem there. I did Ripped and Chiseled last Friday but I found it to be too focused on the upper body. There were about 3 good lower body moves (again, lots of reps & lactic acid), but the rest of the 50 minute DVD was all upper body. And MAN were my arms and chest (especially chest) screaming the next day or two. Oddly, my legs aren't sore from yesterday.

One of the tracks in 1000 is push ups....70 of them! I can't wait until I can do 70 push ups on my toes! I have been doing push ups the sissy way for quite some time now (on my knees). In Denmark, I had gotten up to quite a lot of reps on my toes, and then something happened, can't remember what it was exactly, hurt my shoulder somehow. After the break from that injury, I never built myself back up.

And the legs portion has this side squat back lunge combo, (including lat raise) that uses pulses for an "I just want to die right now" burn. I can see how this stuff will give good results! I just hope I don't puss out, cuz it's hard!

No comments: