Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 31

Jamie Eason - my inspiration


I know that I am doing good things. I am eating properly and I am working out every scheduled day - following Jamie Eason's 12 week fit trainer on Bodybuilding.com. I have been patient and diligent through phase 1 and now am on to phase 2. When I look in the mirror, I don't see any change happening yet. It's only been 31 days, so I am trying very very hard to practice this new thing I learned called patience.

Still, sometimes I can't help but let the self doubt creep in. When I'm standing in the squat rack, under the same amount of weight as last week, I start to wonder if I'm ever going to progress, get stronger, lift more. This is about the time that having a trainer by my side, yelling at me to give it one more rep, telling me to go lower, don't stop, feel the burn and love it....would be helpful. I definitely think I'm pushing myself harder at the gym, but maybe not as hard as I would with someone to make me do it. Next time, come hell or high water, I am adding 10 more pounds to that damn bar!

Today was legs day so no cardio (yay!)

Leg extensions: 2 warm up sets - 30 reps @ 40lbs each set (burn!)

Wide stance squat: 2 lighter sets - 15 reps @ 50lbs each set, then 2 heavier sets to failure: 11 reps @ 70lbs and 10 reps @ 70lbs

Leg press: 8 reps @ 90lbs for 4 sets

Walking DB lunges: 2-20lb dbs 20 reps for 3 sets

DB step ups: using 10lb dbs - 10 reps for 3 sets

Plie DB squat: 15 reps @ 20lbs, 15 reps @ 25lbs, 15 reps @ 30lbs - I think I will start with 30lbs next time because they were pretty easy, although my legs were shaking by this time

Standing calf raises (ah....my nemisis, we meet again): 20 @ 25lbs, 20 @ 12.5lbs, 15 @ 12.5 lbs

Seated calf raises: 20 @ 25lbs for 3 sets

Then, I added the hip abduction & adduction machines because my mom went with this morning and I was showing her how to use them. So while she did one, I did the other and then we switched. These are fun! Never used them before.

abduction: 10 reps at 50lbs for 3 sets
adduction: 10 reps at 50lbs for 3 sets

Done!

This week starts the 6 day split so I'll be working out Saturday too. Hope it isn't too busy there!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey charlotte - you have done so well doing 31 days - i take my hat off to you - ive never done 31 days WITH a sneaky bite of this or that!!! have you researched hypertrophy training? i got stuck on 9kg dbs for concentration curls and couldnt get passed it and one of the trainers at the gym told me about this training. i read about it and tried it. i started at the weight i was up to - not the % they tell you to start at. for eg. 1st week weight x 8 reps, next week up the weight 1kg x 7 reps etc etc. it gets more techo but basically each week you increase your weight and decrease your reps. after a couple of weeks i did 10kg db concentration curls easy. it really makes you stronger, quicker. they say you only need to do 2 sets each exercise - get in, break down the muscle fibres quickly with heavy weights so it can rebuild. once they have "torn" you have done your job - no need to do 4 sets. im actually going to start it next week - ive hit a bit of a plateau. check it out - let me know your thoughts or if you've done it before :)