Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 39

I just realized that I forgot to post yesterday! Oops. It was leg day, here's how I rolled:

Leg ext. - 2 warm up sets: 30 reps at 40lbs

Wide BB squat - 2 lighter sets of 15 and 2 heavier sets to failure: 15 X 50lbs/ 15 X 50lbs/ 13 @ 80lbs/ 12 @ 80lbs  ... I am going to keep adding 10lbs to this damn bar every leg day. I am such a cupcake compared to other blogs I read where other women are pushing insane amounts of weight on squats, deadlifts and leg press. I am trying to be smart about it though. The last thing I want is an injury. It will come.

Leg Press - 8 at 90lbs/ 8 at160lbs/ 8 at 160lbs/ 6 at 160  ... I am happy that I decided to really up the weight from 90lbs to see what I could do. Again, I read about girls pressing 220-250lbs and I think "holy shit!" I want muscles like that!

Walking lunges - this was supposed to be baby steps with the barbell but there isn't really a place to do walking lunges, with a barbell, where I don't feel in the way or like I could injure someone at the gym. So I just use dumbbells. 20lbs in each hand, take 20 steps and I do it 3 time.

BB step ups - just using the 45lb barbell, 10 X 3

Plie DB squat - 15 at 30lbs/ 15 at 35lbs/ 15 at 40lbs  ... will start at 40lbs next time

Seated calf raise - 20 at 25lbs/ 20 at 25lbs/ 8 at 70lbs/ 6 at 55lbs ... there is no rhyme or reason to this exercise when I do it. I just really dislike it.

I skipped the standing calf raise because someone was using it. Oh darn.

Done!

On to today: Arms/Abs/Cardio

EZ bar bicep curl - 15lbs plus bar weight (10lbs?) x 10 for 3 sets

Superset:
Overhead cable curl: 10 at 30lbs/ 10 at 30lbs/ 8 at 35lbs
cable hammer curl w/ rope: 10 at 50lbs/ 10 at 50lbs/ 8 at 50lbs/ 10 at 40lbs/ 8 at 40lbs ... there was someone using the cables so I couldn't superset this until after a few round of the hammer curl.
End superset

Alt hammer curl - 10 at 15lbs/ 10 at 15lbs/ 6 at 20lbs/ 6 at 15lbs each arm

Bench dips - 15 x 3

Skull crushers - 10 at 10lbs each hand x 3 sets

Seated tricep ext. - 10 at 20lbs/ 10 at 20lbs/ 8 at 20lbs

Tricep pushdown (rope) - 10 at 40lbs x 3 sets

Air bike - 50 reps/ 30 reps

Jackknife sit ups - 10 reps/ 10 reps

Scissor kicks - 50 reps

Hanging leg raises - 3 x 10

Cardio - 30 minutes on elliptical; 10 crossramp, 8 tension

Done!

Can someone give me some good fish recipes? I love fish. I just can't cook it very well. If I go out to eat and have fish, I'm in love. Or if I am eating fish after someone who knows how to cook it makes it (like Andreas' mom), I'm in love. But when I try to make it, not so much love. I like pretty much anything: tilapia, halibut, salmon, etc. But I've been sticking to canned tuna because I just can't seem to cook fish and make it taste good. I guess I can grill halibut, that is pretty easy. Grilling always makes anything taste better. But when there is 3 feet of snow on the deck, I can't really grill, so I need some ideas.

I tried a recipe from the 20 Healthy Raw Snacks report I talked about a few posts back. It was orange chocolate squares, and it is delicious! I am going to make all kinds of these bars for over the holidays. That way, I can feel like I am indulging with the rest of the family, but with zero guilt! The recipe I tried wasn't difficult but it was a little time consuming. Especially considering you need to soak the dates and figs for an hour. But, definitely worth the effort!

No comments: