Monday, November 21, 2011

More meal ideas

Cutting carbs? Hate missing out on potatoes at dinner? I have the solution. What does this picture look like to you - mashed potatoes? Wrong. It's cauliflower.

Here's a beautiful way to eat cauliflower: cut up an entire head of cauliflower and put it in a microwavable steamer bag. My microwave steams it in 4 minutes. Then, I put it in my Ninja (powerful blender) with some butter and whip it good. Add salt and pepper to taste. It turns out so creamy and flavorful, you'd hardly know it wasn't potatoes!

Pair it with some home made turkey meatballs and your golden! Perfect blustery day meal.

Another meal I've been into lately: cauliflower, ground beef and cheese

It seems pretty simple but these are the flavors I've been craving lately. I love beef. I'm more of a cow person than a chicken person, if that makes sense. What I do is just cook up some extra lean ground beef, steam some cauliflower and put them together on the plate. And sprinkle with some lowfat cheese, of course. Season with salt and pepper. Super easy. Super yummy.

I realized on my last legs day that the bar I've been using to squat is actually 15lbs, not 10lbs like I had previously thought. That totally made my day, just knowing I was lifting 5lbs more. Sometimes such small things make me happy.

I've been battling a sore left arm for a week. I am not sure if it is a rotator cuff issue or otherwise. It's sort of hard to pin point the pain. I've been rubbing myself good with icy hot but it doesn't do anything but make my eyes sting.

Today was an arms day which made me nervous. I don't want to injure myself but I don't think it's bad enough to take the day off. So I just warmed up REALLY good and long first and that made a HUGE difference. I think that might be my problem, I am too impatient to take the time for warm ups and start with cold muscles. One word - stupid.

I had a good workout, despite the sore shoulder. I love working my arms anymore because when I'm done, they look huge! All the blood surging through my biceps today made them feel like they could just burst open. I love that feeling.

Measurements today were the same....ugh. I'm not gaining any weight yet. And I'm not losing any fat. Stagnate. But I can see my body changing. They are minor changes, things no one else would notice. I am really anxious to see what I can do by May.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, howya doin' ? i am DEF going to do the cauli - looks devine. well i'm going back to what i know works best for me - i should do a post on this - im so slack blogging atm. i have put on blubber - sagging arse cheeks (can start seeing cheeks from the front when i wear a g-string (do you call them thongs?) and stand in front of the mirror with my feet apart - argh and my muffin top is back again. TOTALLY MY OWN FAULT. so i am going on Bodytrim programme. an australian personal trainer is making a bomb with this programme. you buy the kit - dvd's recipes, literature, on line forums, weekly video emails from him, etc. etc. basically its very low carbs to get you in ketosis. only one serve of carbs a day which for me will be bran cereal 1 hour before training. 6 meals a day all protein and veg/salad. no peas corn carrot sweet potato (yams). i did it a few years ago and lost those last 5kg of baby fat (even though my baby was 6 at the time hahaha). it made me skinny fat but i fitted into my clothes beautifully. so a mad dash til xmas - programme says to only do walking but i will include some weight training just to keep my muscles. i know i cant build with this diet. when i lose the blubber i will start carbs again and weight train like there's no tomorrow and not have to worry so much about cardio as well. i'm very confident with this as i have done it before and it works. i can still have the odd alcoholic drink (vodka and diet sparkling mineral water) and my cheese plate will be replaced by vegetable sticks and home made salmon/cottage cheese/spice dip. so your cauli fits in beautifully with my diet. thamks again for your lovely facebook reply. you did stop my anxieties and made me feel so much better and grounded. your friendship is treasured xx

Amanda said...

me again - i did the cauli for dinner - YUM YUM YUM! it hit the spot perfectly! thanks xx