Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 32

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

At the gym today, I felt pretty satisfied with myself. I had arms/abs/cardio on the schedule. After my bicep and tricep exercises, my arms looked huge! They really must have had a lot of blood flowing through them. I wanted to take my phone out and snap a photo but I would have felt super stupid.

BB curl - I don't know how to gauge my poundage on this one because I don't know how much the bar weighed. It wasn't as much as the 45lb bars but it was heavier than the EZ bar. I added 10lbs and curled for 10 reps. Then I added 15lbs and curled for 6 reps. Went back down to adding 10lbs and curled for 10.

Superset:
Overhead cable curl - 30lbs each arm, 10 reps X 3 sets - one additional set of 6 reps at 35lbs
Cable hammer curl - 40lbs for 10 reps, 35lbs for 10 reps and 2 sets, 40lbs for 6 reps

Alt. hammer curl - 15lbs 10 reps each arm X 3 sets. Really proud of this one. Never gotten 3 sets of 10 with 15lb dumbbells.

Bench dips - 3 sets of 15 reps - up from last week =)

Skull crushers - 10lb each arm, 8 reps X 3 sets (arms really shaky here)

Seated tricep ext - 15lb, 10 reps for 2 sets, 10 reps at 20lbs - this is the first time I've been able to do 20lbs without pain in my elbow.

Triceps push down with rope attachment - 8 reps at 15lbs for 3 sets (seemed like such a light weight but my tris were done)

Air bike - 3 X 25

Hanging leg raises - 3 X 10

Jackknife was too hard for me, not sure if I was doing it right so I did the ball pass instead.

And then treadmill for 30 minutes at 6mph.

My buns are feeling yesterday's workout. I LOVE that! And my calves aren't very sore this week so I'm happy.

*Thanks for the helpful comment, Amanda. I will have to try that after phase 3. I'll be looking for a new routine and since I think phase 3 is more about high reps with lower weight, it will be a good change of pace afterwards.*

I bought 10 bags of candy for Halloween this year. And the girls really raked in the swag trick-or-treating. Halloween is over, there is still tons of candy laying around. I haven't had a single piece. If I happen to look at the bowl as I walk past it, I don't even feel tempted by it. That is the difference a month makes. A month without sugar. A month without fried food. A month without processed food. A month of clean whole foods. I am proud of it. I am not looking back.

Does that mean I'm never going to eat pizza or french fries or chocolate cake again? Hell no. I know that eventually I will. But while I'm training over the remaining 7 months, I don't have any intention of doing so. Yes, over Thanksgiving. Yes, over Christmas. No excuses.

I used to think there was no way I could do it. I can't eat like a bodybuilder. There was no way, in my mind, I could resist temptation. Now, I think I can I know I can do it. The difference is what I choose to believe. "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." ~ one of my favorite quotes.

No comments: