Friday, February 25, 2011

Eat Clean (you can do it)

Body transformation is something I always wanted to do. I knew it was in the cards for me someday. It just seemed like "someday" was never coming. I wanted to be there, at my goal, living it, loving it.

I've heard it said that the funnest part isn't getting there, it's the journey. And at first I thought that was silly. But I know what they were getting at.

Because for me, seeing my habits evolve into something I never thought I was capable of, is amazing! I used to think that clean eating was only for bodybuilders or fitness competitors. But then I realized something, I am no different than those people. I have the same drive, the same passion. They are human just like me. If they could stay away from unhealthy food and look fantastic, so could I! Well, I've changed my lifestyle almost completely! I'm not who I was 5 years ago. Or even 1 year ago!

Watching the body change for the better is the highest of highs a person can feel! When you start seeing results from your training and good eating habits, you feel on top of the world.

Little by little, I have changed my routine for the better. And everything I sacrifice, every workout I push through, brings me one step closer to my final destination. When I look at myself in the mirror I can see what my hard work has done. Every little thing I do for health and fitness, rewards me, mentally and physically.

Sure, I have down days every now and then (as this blog proves). I have doubts and frustration and confusion. And I am an impatient person. But what gets me through those darker days is knowing that I am doing everything I need to be doing to succeed. I will give my body no other choice but to change for the better. I will nourish it with healthy whole foods. I will challenge my muscles and I will become stronger, more defined, healthier and ultimately happier.

I'm very proud of what I have accomplished, especially in the midst of criticism. Being very particular about what I eat, when I eat, how I workout, is definitely something not everyone understands. But it's ok. Everyone has different goals. I might not understand why someone would want to run a marathon every single day for 365 days (I heard someone did that), but that was obviously a goal that was important to them. Usually, when I end up in a conversation about why I do what I do with someone who is overly critical, I change the subject. It's just easier. I don't want to feel like I have to defend my lifestyle (especially when I know how good it is for my body).

Don't be discouraged by negative people. Use it as fuel to motivate you to train even harder, eat even cleaner, just to prove that YOU CAN DO IT! If you wish you could eat clean....YOU CAN! People that do it are no different than you, they just made a choice. They were passionate, they were driven, they were dedicated...and so are you! Food is simply fuel. Use the right kind of fuel and you will perform exactly the way you want to!

Force your body to transform into what you desire. It only takes what you give it. Make the decision, stand firm, be dedicated. If you want it bad enough, you will have it.

No comments: