Thursday, February 17, 2011

protein protein more protein

I'm so full. Making sure I eat at least 23g of protein with every meal and some natural carbs is filling! I am so stuffed at breakfast that I just can't take it. I never thought it would be so hard to eat.

Usually I would have some eggs and a slice of toast but that's not enough protein. I would fall short by about 10 grams. And sometimes, instead of the toast, I would have oatmeal with the eggs, but that would be even more filling. So the thought of adding MORE protein was just....ugh.

Today, I had shredded wheat and protein powder and called it good. Oh, and I also took my creatine monohydrate this morning since I don't have a weight workout scheduled for today. Otherwise, I would typically take that post workout.

I was mixing it in my water this morning and my husband says, "What are you drinking NOW?". I almost had water come out my nose cuz I started laughing. He thinks my methods are really strange. The protein drinks, eating so much protein in general, giving up all processed food, giving up sugar, weight training to build muscle, and now creatine.....he just doesn't understand. I don't think it will click for him until I've reached my goal. When I achieve what I'm after (and I will) he will understand why I do it. He will understand the sacrifices, the persistence, and the dedication. It's not for nothing.

And he's an advocate of health, so I don't think he cares so much that I've given up sugar and processed food (some examples of a processed food are: canned soup, any frozen dinners or sodium laden boxed food, and deli meats), it's more the other stuff I do. I don't believe that he is pro muscle when it comes to women.

But I'm not talking about trying to build huge bulking muscle. I don't know that is even possible for a woman, naturally. We just don't have the testosterone for it. But it is possible to add and shape long lean muscle mass. THAT is what is sexy. THAT is what I'm after. I can't imagine a better feeling than going to the pool with my kids this summer, sporting tight, lean, smooth, muscular legs that I don't have to hide! That will feel better than any food can taste!

No comments: