Tuesday, February 22, 2011

foods I eat regularily

I'm currently writing my weekly menu and grocery list. I don't know how people can go to the grocery store without a plan. I'm a big planner! But I think it pays to be organized when it comes to shopping for food. If you go with a list that consists of foods needed for your planned menu for the week, it eliminates impulse buys (most of the time) and is easier on your budget!

Foods that are a constant on my list are:

1)unsweetened almond milk
2)rolled oats
3)0% plain Greek yogurt
4)1% cottage cheese
5)shredded wheat & bran cereal
6)Ezekiel bread
7)organic eggs
8)spinach
9)naval oranges
10)heart healthy nut mix
11)kale
12)95% lean ground beef
13)chicken breast
14)frozen brown rice

These are foods I eat daily, so I run out often. I find that if I keep my meals about the same during the day, with dinner being the one that varies the most, it's easier to maintain clean eating. If I constantly have a plan in place, there is no worry of slipping up and eating something that I shouldn't have. Because when I get hungry, I need to eat. NOW.

Hunger, when it hits me, can affect me very negatively. I get shaky and light headed. I know people who can go almost an entire day without eating hardly anything but a banana and some nuts. I don't know how they can function on such little fuel. I certainly couldn't! I don't think it's very healthy. Because more than likely, the same people who eat this little during the day, will end up eating a HUGE heavy meal for supper and then snack all night. That is a recipe for disaster!

Keep it simple. I don't need tons of variety. But if you do, PLAN AHEAD. It takes a little time but you'll be glad you did!

No comments: