Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm high

High energy.
High motivation.
High determination.

I. Love. This.

I've mentioned in a previous post about this book called Hormonal Timing by Michelle Berger (aka Buffmother). And I totally get it. Girls, our hormones are controlling everything about us! And right now, I am using them to my advantage!

The next two weeks I'm giving up bread and cheese (2 of my favorite foods). Even though the only bread I eat is Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, I am trying to eat as whole as possible, no refined food if I can help it. And since the next two weeks I will be focusing on FAT LOSS, no cheese either.

I've been making myself veggie drinks every morning. I had been really slacking at eating my veggies. It's hard to eat enough, they are bulky and not very exciting to me. Despite the fact that I love to eat healthy, eating veggies is still a chore sometimes. Well, problem solved. Vince Del Monte gave me this idea. I stick a bunch of veggies in the food processor (today it was beats, spinach, tomatoes, celery, yellow pepper). Then I transfer it to a blender and puree it with water until it's a consistency I like. If I had a $500 Vitamix, I could do it in one step with ease, but I doubt my husband will ever approve the purchase of a blender that expensive. But I hear they are the greatest thing EVER for a health and fitness fanatic like myself. Powerful and fast, it turns ice into snow almost instantly (so I hear) and it'll liquefy veggies and fruit - no problem. Sigh...

Anyway, I have no idea how many servings of veggies a day I get using this method but I bet it's around 6 - just drinking two glasses of veggies in the morning. And then I probably have 2 more servings in the afternoon and evening. So, I'm guessing by the extreme clean eating I'm doing, toxins won't last long in this body! Which is good cuz I've got 12 weeks. TWELVE WEEKS to get this body into bikini wearing condition!

Today, after my super duper fantastic high energy kick ass workout, I had a protein drink, my creatine and a yam. For breakfast (as usual) eggs and veggie drink. I plan on oatmeal and a protein of some sort for lunch (this is usually how I roll in the AM hours). PM snack is a little trickier, I am usually getting hungry and I have eaten most of my favorites already. Generally I will have an ounce of nuts and cottage cheese. Dinner will be a protein, my last starchy carb of the day (probably brown rice - that makes 3 carbs for the day), and a green vegetable. Pretty much every day in a nutshell. Eating like this, my body will have nothing to do BUT get shredded!

No comments: