Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Proud moment

I had a proud mom moment the other day. I was thumbing through an old school notebook of Hanna's, reading some of her entries and I came to this one about family. Look what she wrote about her mama:



"My mom loves to be healthy and exercise. She loves to eat healthy too."

If you don't think you are an influence in your kids' lives, you're very wrong! What you say, what you do, how you act....they notice it all! So make sure you are setting a good example!

I am so proud that I am paving the way to a healthy lifestyle for my kids! I'm not serving up fattening "home cookin" or buying processed junk. I'm getting them used to eating healthy and living healthy NOW so that it isn't hard for them to make the switch themselves 20 years later. I'm not saying that it's 100% guaranteed to work, my kids would probably still pick sugary treats over vegetables any day, but they are more likely to follow in my health-lovin footsteps later on.

It's been a looooooong process to get them to eat whole wheat bread & pasta instead of white, oatmeal instead of fruit loops, buckwheat pancakes instead of buttermilk...but it has happened. They don't complain about it or even seem to notice like they used to.

Remember, you as the parent are the one responsible for what you set in front of the kids at the dinner table. Make smart choices and they will too :)

No comments: