Thursday, February 24, 2011

take a sick day

I'm sick. How can this be? I thought I was super human ;)

Well, it's no wonder, with everyone else in the house on their 3rd or so round of illness this winter, I was bound to get it.

We've been hit pretty bad with colds at my house this year. My littlest, Emma(4), seems like she finally gets over a month long cough and then gets another. Runny nose, sneezing, fever....yuk!

And so I'm always telling her the importance of eating healthy. You might think, "But she's 4! What good does it do to tell a 4 year old that?" Well, more good than not. I've already dedicated a post entirely to how kids model your behaviors - good or bad. She is always downstairs wanting to lift weights like mama!

But back to my point, she's not a good eater. Very picky. Not much of an appetite. And so I'm always telling her that she needs to eat better foods with lots of nutrients in them so she doesn't get sick so often. I say, "Just look at mommy....she never gets sick"

And I don't. I can't even remember the last time I had a cold or flu. But I have a cold now. Guess I'm not immune to everything. Not that I ever thought I was. But it certainly does help you get sick less when you feed your body properly. I can attest to that!

The hardest part about being sick is to take a rest day from weight training. I know I need to let my body make itself well and I probably wouldn't have much strength for a leg workout today anyway, but mentally it's very hard to lay here and not think that I should be hitting the gym (aka my basement). =)

No comments: