Saturday, August 4, 2012

home made granola bars


I made these granola bars this morning because it was my intention to take the family to Maplewood for a day of walking around in nature and maybe getting a few good photos (both activities are on the top of my favorite things to do list). I thought it would be nice to have a healthy snack to energize us along the way. Unfortunately my hub's back wasn't feeling very good so we ended up staying home. But these bars are absolutely FABULOUS!

I love granola bars but hate to eat store bought because they are loaded with Lord knows what. So I'm usually keeping my eyes open for new recipes. Some that I've tried in the past have bombed miserably. These, however, turned out better than I could have dreamed. Great flavor and texture.

I got the recipe here.

Worth a try!

No comments: