Sunday, August 12, 2012

how long do your workouts last?

Do you ever get sick of eating? I do. I get so sick of preparing food and eating all the time that I think it would be so nice if we could just swallow a futuristic pill that had an entire meal inside it. That's just being lazy, but most days, I would really welcome it.

For lunch, I didn't have anything prepared and no left over meat to use. Usually in cases like this I just crack open a can of tuna or sardines, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood. So today for lunch I had plain Greek yogurt mixed with Truvia, cinnamon, blueberries, chia seeds and wheat germ. Also, half of a multi grain pita with natural peanut butter. I've been so addicted to peanut butter lately, I have to eat it once a day. Mmmm.

Today Hanna and I did our 3rd weights workout for the week. We both did 3 circuits and it lasted over an hour. 1 hour and 16 minutes to be exact. Which is a big no-no for me. I've read so much about how training over an hour can start taking your progress backwards and I am usually very careful about that because the last thing I want to do is stress out my adrenals and put a huge demand on my central nervous system day in and day out.

Our bodies don't change while we workout, they change after the workout, while we are at rest. And if we never give our body the rest it needs, we will never progress. Then again, you see these Olympic sprinters who train 6 days a week and they have PHENOMENAL bodies. So what is the verdict? What are your thoughts on this? What have you read about training longer than an hour every day and what are your sources? I'd really like more information about it.

No comments: