Thursday, August 9, 2012

I won!

So, it's been a while since I've won anything (other than an occasional stuffed animal from the claw machine) but my dry streak is over.

I entered a contest from a fellow blogger and my name was picked to win a case of Bare Fruit Cinnamon Apple Chips! I am SUPER excited! Can't wait to let you know what I think of them :)

Hanna and I are still going strong with our workouts. Her diet has been really good since I am controlling EVERYTHING she eats. I almost feel bad that my almost 15 year old daughter has to ask before she eats anything. But, she will learn it eventually. We were a bit concerned how it would play out during school but she has decided to bring her lunch to school daily. That way, she can control what she is eating. Unfortunately, school lunches aren't all that healthy. She has options though, like salad and veggies, but getting her to actually choose them and eat them when I'm not right there making her do it, is a little hard.

My diet has been....ok. I've been in a baking mood lately. My mom's 75th birthday was on Monday and I baked a delicious triple layer chocolate cake straight from a diebetic cookbook. I skipped out on the frosting they said to use though. It suggested sugar free chocolate fudge frosting in a can and you know what that means.....TRANS FAT! No thanks! I'll make my own, and it was awesome. Yeah, buddy!

Yesterday, I baked lemon blueberry bread that totally bombed. I was so sad, I had to throw the whole thing away :( If I had followed the recipe, I might have had more success. But, of course, I had to throw my own healthy flare into it. And I don't know if it was just because I should have used two loaf pans instead of one (I had a lot of batter) or maybe that combined with the fact that I added baking soda and the batter got really airy and fluffy, which made it rise more.....who knows. I'm not a professional baker and don't know all the scientific stuff, all I know is the cake never got done in the center. I'm not one to give up so easily though. I will make it again, my special healthier version, just put it into two loaf pans and see if that helps. I'm almost positive it will.

In case you are wondering, the recipe I altered is here.
 After I make a successful bread with my changes to the recipe, I will post what I did. Hopefully later today!
p.s. doesn't it look FANTASTIC?!?!?!

No comments: