Thursday, August 22, 2013

Boot Camp - day 2

Cardio/endurance day. Not as bad as Tuesday's workout but still tough. I'm realizing how out of shape I have gotten! It really happened quickly. Just the little running we did was tough for me and then the challenges in between are tough, especially in the heat. But I pushed through it and so glad I did. Although during that hour there were many times I told myself I couldn't do it and probably wouldn't be back for this punishment. I guess the class started with 30 people and they dropped out like flies! Considering there were only 5 of us in the class tonight, that really shows how tough it is.

So today was some running, lots of squats, pulsating squats, sprints, push ups, sit ups, planks, step ups, shuffling and ended with some challenges. On the list for challenge options were 50 burpees (no stopping), 200 push ups, 1000 sit ups, 3 foot box jump, inch worm around the track, side step with band around the track, and many many more. ALL of which were absolutely killers. I chose 50 burpees, banded side step and the spin bike on level 16.

I was still very sore today and quite worried about how I would handle it but I think the movement helped loosen me up. Such a wonderful supportive group of ladies too. I've really grown to love group exercise. It pushes you and gives you the support you just don't get working out alone. I would recommend it to anyone.

Diet today started out great!

breakfast: 2 eggs & FiberDX drink
snack: almonds & granny smith apple
lunch: 1/2 broiled chicken breast & salad
snack: Greek yogurt and 3 Kavli crisps
dinner: meat marinara over whole wheat toast & 1 slice cheese pizza (boo!)
dessert: 2 mini snickers...could have been worse! I'm weaning myself sloooowly ;)

All in all, not a terrible day for diet. A lot of areas that need improving though!

My goal for each week is going to be 2 boot camp sessions, 3 - 15 minute intense interval sessions, and 4 Dance Fit sessions each week. I might vary it a little but I would be happy accomplishing that.

I did wear my heart rate monitor but it slid down (like I knew it would) so I took it off. I had burned 200 calories at the time and I was 23 minutes in.

No comments: