Friday, August 30, 2013

end of summer boot camp

Last night was the last summer session of Keith's Brutal Bootcamp. It was easy, relative to past sessions. I did a half hour of Dance Fit, left mid class to get to bootcamp. And basically it was a regular warm up with a bunch of challenges like: exercises until you simply can't do them anymore.

race around the track with ankle bands on
bicep curls with the band
push ups
plank
wall sit
etc.

And if you won the challenge, you didn't have to do burpees. I only won one challenge. The women in the group are all much stronger than me since they have been in it since spring. I can't wait to get there!

Sorry about the downer of a post yesterday. I was beyond frustrated and it's good for me to get it out into the universe. I know that some people DO care about me and my situation, so that is a comfort. Thanks. You know who you are ;)

Since I've been so depressed and stressed out this year, I feel like I'm in an endless rut and never have anything to get excited about, I decided to make an effort to think of things that will cheer me up.

Things to look forward to:
1) Long weekend - I want to go to Duluth with my kids (husband, optional)
2) XaBeat training weekend coming up September 14th & 15th. 2, 8 hour days of nonstop dancing. Should be a nice calorie burn there! I'll have to load up on some good carbs a day or two before!
3) The next two weeks off from bootcamp! Which means, I won't have to miss wine tasting night at the Cork! It's Thursday evening, same as bootcamp :(  I've been missing it!
4) Next week is a short week!
5) I'm having a pizza/bender night tonight with my kiddos (if I don't leave town)

I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, but it's something. Have a good one friends!

No comments: