Tuesday, August 20, 2013

holy crap!

Ok, so two posts in one day is almost unheard of from me, and likely won't happen too often but I just couldn't wait to tell you about boot camp.

Oh.....my.....GOD. Harder than I could have ever imagined.


Nearly 600 calories in one hour. It was....wow.



First we warmed up by taking a run OUTSIDE in this insane heat and humidity. Then we continued our warm up inside doing things like walking lunges (forward and backwards), high knees and butt kicks.

Now we get to the fun part. He tells us we can choose a weight. Either pick a 45lb plate for 3 laps around the track, a 35lb weight for 4 laps around the track or a 25lb weight for 5 laps. I picked up the 45lb plate and said, "Do you think I can handle it?" and he said, "no problem". So, like the fool I am, I chose the 45. Did my 3 laps around the track. It was doable. Then we had to run a few laps.

And now, for the kicker. He said the weight we chose would be an important decision. Boy was he right! Because now we had to do 3 laps with this weight (in my case, a huge 45lb plate) only this time, we had to lunge the 3 laps! Thaaaaaaaaaaat's right. Walking lunges, 3 times around the track, while holding a 45lb plate! Can you even fathom this??? I seriously thought he was joking. No way is he making us do this. No way CAN I do this. He wasn't joking. And yes, we did.

Not only that, but every so often, we had to stop and do shoulder presses and bicep curls with this weight. AND (yes there is more), if we set the weight down at all to rest, he added 5 burpees to the end of the workout. I'll say it again, oh.....my......GOD! I would never in a million years have pushed myself this hard. Ever. EVER! I honestly cannot believe I did it. It was that tough. Oh, and I got 15 burpees in the end ;)

I used to think I was pretty bad ass. I did some pretty intense workouts on my own. I've tried many programs and done DVD workouts like The Firm, Insanity, Turbo, and Ripped. This work out pushed me WAY harder.

Unbelievable! And I'm going back Thursday for more punishment. Help me Jesus!

Oh, and I had my planned protein bar and since I worked so hard, a little leftover steak too ;)  I can't wait to see what I look like a month, two months, three months from now!!!

No comments: