Sunday, July 10, 2011

1/2 monte?

Made myself a "skinny" Monte Cristo today. Here's what I did:

2 slices sprouted grain bread
2 slices ham
1 slice provolone
2 egg whites

I mixed in a little cinnamon and nutmeg into the egg whites. I put the sandwich together and dipped it into the egg until both sides were good and soaked. Cooked it in the fry pan until a lovely golden brown color and cheese melted. Sprinkled a little bit of powdered sugar over the top. As I took bites, I dunked it into a little bit of all fruit raspberry jelly. Mmmm!

I went for a jog yesterday morning and today my hips hurt. It's been weeks since I've run. I was so drenched when I got back due to the humidity but I LOVED it. It really feels like I flush out my pores when I sweat like that.

Hanna had a little human moment this weekend. She went to a birthday sleep over and had cake and pizza. She felt bad (as we all do) but I told her, "Hey, you're only human! We just pick ourselves up and go again."

I did great today. Even took the family to DQ for lunch and I packed a protein bar in my purse to take along. Success! But then I ate the leftover fries we took home at the 4:00 snack attack. Why do I do that?

No comments: