Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to normal

So after a very fun & sun-filled 4 day carbapalooza, it's back to the grind today.

We (Hanna & I) are starting week 2 over again. So we are still 5 weeks out from goal which puts us at August 10th. One day after my baby and hubby leave me for 2 weeks :( more on that another day....

Anyway, I am welcoming the beginning of this low carb day with open arms. I just want my abs back. I've felt so bloated and full that it's hard to imagine why I like "cheat" days. Why do I like eating crap when it makes me feel like crap??? Is the moment of taste really worth the hours of misery?

There are a few things on the menu that I'm not exactly super excited about this week. And so I have to alternate or think of new low carb dishes. The trick is to keep it yummy so that I won't feel like straying. Although straying shouldn't be a problem with no major celebrations in the next 5 weeks. Oh, except for my mother's birthday but that is only 3 days from my goal date so I don't think I have much to worry about there.

I have broken the news to Hanna that we are prepping ourselves for some fasting in the weeks ahead. Not days at a time or anything like that. But there are a few, strategically placed, coming up. I don't even want to think about it. It is going to be one of the toughest things I ever do.

Even though I feel the need to get my routine back in order, I'm not super duper motivated like I was 2 weeks ago. This happens, I expect it. And part of it is probably because I took a diet vacation and I might be feeling a bit guilty now. It was nice not to feel left out and stressed out and just eat like everyone else. I literally didn't have a single care or worry or stresser for an entire 4 days and it was so wonderful. I wish I could live that carefree everyday.

We were at a beach on Sunday, and I was wearing my bikini with the usual feeling (like I probably shouldn't be wearing it in public). But I am getting better. I am starting to feel more confident, even with my flaws. I know they are there. I know other people can see them. But I'm starting to let go. I have yet to see a woman at the beach with a flawless body (that isn't a teenager), and that helps. Even Jillian Michaels has admitted to having cellulite she just can't get rid of, no matter what she does. And she's a famous trainer! But when I see other women on the beach, running around in their bikinis, with the sun accentuating the cellulite on their legs, it makes me more aware of my own. I wonder, do these women know it's there and just don't care? Or are they blissfully unaware because they don't scrutinize themselves in front of the mirror daily like I do?

Despite my flaws, I know I have some really great body parts, too! I just need to keep focusing on them for the time being, while I keep trying to better the not so great parts.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Are you talking about me when you say the woman out there running around in their bikinis having the sun accentuating the cellulite on their legs? Ha! Ha! Just kidding. You are beautiful Char!

Charlotte said...

Good heavens no! If I had your legs I would never complain again!!