Thursday, July 14, 2011

good good day

I had to post twice today. And who knows, I might post this evening too. If you haven't already, check out my last post that includes a tasty recipe!

I just wanted to mention a couple more things. Right now, Hanna and I only have 8 hours left of our 24 hour fast and so far we are both doing awesome! Better than expected, actually. We haven't had any real major side effects yet. It's still early though. But I think we can do this! I was a bit worried about having to prepare Emma food. Especially since she wanted toast for breakfast (ooooh, the smell of toasted bread is hard on a day that I'm NOT fasting). All went well though.

So yesterday afternoon I went to the grocery store with Hanna and Emma to pick up a few things and I saw these awesome looking garlic breadsticks that would go GREAT with the spaghetti I was making for dinner. We stopped to smell the heavenly garlic scent through the bag and check out the nutrion label. The label was scary; one breadstick was 140 calories and I'm pretty sure the ingredient list included some hydrogenated oils - they ususally do with this kind of food.

Even though I KNEW it was a low carb night (hence substituting zuccini for actual pasta) I wanted these. They just looked too good. I put them in my basket and Hanna said "NO" and took them out. I whined a little and Emma screamed a little, (because she wanted them too). But Hanna held strong. She said, "I want to stick with this and keep getting smaller". Her unwaivering determination is amazing. That's MY kid!! I was so glad she was with me yesterday to talk me down from a moment that could have been disatrous to both of our goals. Thank you, Hanna!

p.s. I have some VERY EXCITING news to share with you within the next few days. By Saturday, I should be able to spill the beans!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ooohh cant wai to hear your news