Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 2, Day 3 (again)

Yesterday went better than I expected. Diet was stellar and exercise was awful...haha. By awful I mean hard.

We measured Hanna and she has lost some inches. She is actually up a pound, which is weird. I can't imagine she would have gained a pound of muscle in a week but you can't get get too analytical about it I guess. What matters is the way her clothes are fitting her after the 6 weeks are up.

And someone said something to me yesterday that really made sense. "It's a lifestyle, not a sprint to the finish." That is so true. Too often I get so obsessed with a deadline that I am totally missing out on the bigger picture. While it's good to have goals to strive for, because they help keep me on track, it's also important not to forget that I am in this for life. I want to live a healthy lifestyle forever, not just temporarily.

There are always going to be days where I screw up my diet plans or want to have some ice cream and pizza. I have to be ok with that. But right now, I just need to focus on the next 5 weeks. If I can get through the next 5 weeks, the hard strict weeks that they are, I'm positive that it will all be worth it.

My kids have been so absolutely in love with turkey bacon lately. They want it all the time. I never thought turkey bacon was good. I tried it, and hated it. But recently I tried it again and wow, they have come a long way with turkey bacon. It is good. I cook it until it's nice and crispy and it has a great flavor.

Last night, I cooked asparagus in the fry pan for 5 minutes with some garlic and olive oil and it got perfectly crisp-tender. I usually overcook my asparagus until it's mushy. I thought it was good that way. But now I've discovered "crisp-tender". Also, turkey ham. I never knew there even was such a thing. But I bought some, sliced it into thick slices and threw it on the grill. Oh yum. It was the quickest, easiest, yummiest dinner! I heated up some leftover rice for the carb eating members of the family. Tonight, I think I might make kale soup.

When I was driving home from the store last night I saw a woman working outside in her yard with the most fabulous muscle definition! She had that sexy line going up the side of her legs, muscular back and arms, and when you can see it from the road, that's impressive! It's so rare to see, that's why it made me do a double take. Because anyone can be skinny. But it takes a lot more hard work to get cut like that. I am so looking forward to getting the fat off my backside so that I can finally hit the weights hard again. But I'm not going to waste my time like before. This time, I'm going to EAT along with the training. I don't know how I thought I could ever gain muscle going on and off restrictive diets. I'm so dumb sometimes. I'm going to eat those carbs and lean proteins like never before!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey charlotte how are you? i agree, cant wait to get rid of the jiggly bits and start eating more clean calories so when i do a massive weight workout i know i'm building!! so whats your diet like to get rid of that last bit of fat (not that i think you have any but its what you are happy with - i know what you mean!) are you eating more carbs now or after you shed the fat? how will you shed the fat - more exercise or different eating? sorry for all the questions !!! xxx