Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm back!

Not only am I back in North Dakota, but I'm back from my week-long vacation from diet and fitness. I have been totally carefree about it and while it was wonderful, I'm feeling a bit like a bloated hefer. I know it's all in my head since my clothes don't fit any tighter now than they did a week ago, but I still can't help but feel I've set myself back even further from my goal.

No sense in dwelling on that though. I prefer to relish in the delight that was my past week. I saw and experienced wonderful things and I am so grateful for the opportunity. Thanks, hubby!

I wouldn't have had to take a break from working out because they had a pretty bangin workout facility, but with all the walking and sweating I did daily, who wants to drag themselves to workout on top of that?? Not me.

This morning, I woke up a little before 6:30 and felt really wide awake so I went down for twenty minutes of intervals before breakfast. I thought it was going to be really awful but it wasn't. It felt good.

I finished my oats for breakfast, took a short break (to blog) and now I am going back downstairs to hit the weights. The rest of the day looks like it will probably consist of doing laundry. And I'm ok with that.

It actually felt good to be home and do my domestic duties yesterday. The first thing I did when I woke up was vacuum 5 days worth of dog hair off the floor. Then I mowed the lawn. And I cleaned the kitchen. All before noon. And on just 5 hours of sleep. Not bad.

It's good to be home.

No comments: