Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eatin' good in the 'hood

Breakfast this morning - was rather large


egg white omelet (or pomelete as my kids call it....I'll explain in a minute) with raw organic cheddar, 2 slices turkey bacon, mixed berries & grapes, 1/3 cup oats w/ almond milk.



My daughter Eden calls my husband and I Pom and Plop (I am Pom, instead of Mom). And so, since I can ROCK an omelet (seriously, been making them since I was like 13 and was always the designated egg cooker in my house growing up), my kids now refer to them as a "Pomelete" ... and always want me to make them. Cuz they are so delicious. Lately, I've been making a LOT of pomeletes and turkey bacon. My kids have never eaten so good...haha. I love summer when we actually have time so sit down for a good breakfast instead of rush through it before school.

Hanna had tea for breakfast because she is fasting until noon. Not that she is liking it all that much. In fact, she's been doing an awful lot of whining and crying so far today. I told her to stop or I would put pictures of her whining and crying on the blog. She didn't stop, so here you are:



She was laughing a bit too - hamming it up ;)


This is after I told her to get her workout clothes on. She's on the floor crying, "Why can't I just eat healthy and skip exercising???" LOL  Today, she actually has to workout twice....muahahahaha!!

But all this torture has produced some great results for her. She has lost 4 inches overall in 2 weeks. 2 inches off her belly alone! Way to go, girl! It's paying off.

And since she has a 24 hour fast coming at her on Thursday, I told her I'd do it with her. What......was.....I......thinking?

2 comments:

Carmen said...

What were you thinking? You are being a GREAT mom as usual!

p.s. Remind me NOT to hang out with you guys on Thursday. You might not be in the best of moods. :)

Charlotte said...

haha...you are probably right about the mood thing, Carmen! Actually, we probably won't have enough energy to expend on being crabby.