Sunday, July 17, 2011

my news

Well, my "official" confirmation that I was waiting for before telling you my exciting news didn't come on Friday as expected. Probably tomorrow instead. But since I'm about 99% sure it's a done deal, I will tell you now.

I'm going to Manhattan! I'm totally excited because I've never been to New York and it's been on my list of places to go since I was old enough to write lists. It's going to be a whirlwind trip of only a couple days though. It's kind of a fluke that I am going at all.

My sister is a nurse at the veterans hospital in town and they are sending her there for meetings. She was very nervous about going alone and her husband couldn't get the days off to go with. I happened to mention that I was jealous and thought I should just buy a ticket and go with, as a joke. And she responded by saying what a great idea that was and that I totally should do it.

Never thinking it would fly, I asked my husband what he thought and to my surprise he said, "Sure, go ahead". *blink....blink.....stare............shock................not......breathing..........* "what?????"

So on that particular day I went from making a joke about going to NY to actually getting to go. So funny how that worked out. The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that I'll have to explore on my own during the day while she is at meetings, and I don't do stuff like that. BUT, I'm going to have to get over it cuz IT'S NEW YORK, BABY! It's only a 3 day trip so we won't get to see a lot, but more than we've ever seen because neither of us have ever been there. There are a couple things we both feel we HAVE to see; like ground zero, the statue of liberty, empire state building, maybe central park. And then, of course, there are things like NY cheesecake, bagels, street vendors......crap! My sister was like, "You aren't going to be dieting while we are there, are you?" to which I replied, "HELL no!" I'm just praying that my new smaller size skinnies still fit me by next month - the month that was supposed to be my big change. haha.....oh life, how you love throw me curve balls sometimes.

So anyway, that's my exciting news.

Fitness News: it's been SO humid and hot here lately. I'm talking dangerous temps. Heat index of 110 degrees, humidity going to be at 82%. It's just miserable. We open the door to let the dog out and it's like walking into a sauna. You feel wet the second you step out. Needless to say, wanting to workout in weather like this just doesn't really happen. Even though it feels cool in the house, it's still miserable. I did get in some Cardioflow yesterday and some pull ups.

I want to improve my number of pull ups so I'm doing a lot of slow negatives to build strength quickly. I want to try the pull up bar at the air show this year. I've seen it in the past and always wanted to try it. Wouldn't it be awesome to just blow them away by not only being able to crank out like 20 pull ups, but being a girl and cranking out 20 pull ups??!!??!! So my back is pretty sore today from that.

Last night, I decided to make cheesecake. Not only that, but mini key lime pies too. I know how much my sweetie likes that stuff. I have to say, the cheesecake turned out like a dream. BUT, not so good for my waistline. I am having a piece today and then I have to be good until I go to NY. And then when I get back from NY, I have to really hit it hard again.

I found a website with some really killer workouts. It's here if you want to check it out.

No comments: