Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1st already

I like tasty new ways of eating old favorites. And I thought you might like to try this new spin on a daily staple to my diet, Greek yogurt.

I like to flavor up the plain, 0% fat Greek yogurt myself so I can skip out on a lot of added unnecessary sugars that come with the flavored varieties. Usually I use things like cocoa powder, stevia, fruit, instant pudding mixes, etc. Today I used stevia and cinnamon. I don't know why I haven't thought of this combo before. I love cinnamon sugar!

Today is not only the start of a new week, it is the start of a new month. August is sort of a sad month because it is a constant reminder that summer is almost over and school is just around the corner. It is when we trade in our carefree summer days for the hectic, busy school schedule. Although, our schedule is a lot quieter than most, I think. We don't let our kids join every single extra curricular activity known to man, like some parents do.

Anyway, I have refreshed my diet and said goodbye to my month-long hiatus from any sort of nutritious eating plan. I was getting tired of telling myself "I'll get back into it tomorrow....or Monday.....or next week" ... it was time now. I'm once again limiting starchy carbs. I want to stuff myself with as much vegetables as possible on a daily basis.

Today, I started off the plan great!

Morning fasted cardio
Breakfast (10:30?): 1 1/2 tall glasses veggie blend (cucumbers, tomatoes, red pepper, strawberries) and 1/3 cup oats with a little almond milk
Lunch (1:00): 2 eggs, steamed cauliflower and cherry tomatoes
Snack (4:00): 1/2 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt with handful chopped walnuts, cinnamon & stevia and a veggie blend (cucumbers, spinach, strawberries, tomatoes)
Dinner (will be about 5:30): we plan to eat taco salad made with extra lean ground beef and low sodium taco seasoning. I won't have the tortillas.

And that will keep my calorie total for the day pretty low. If I can manage, I want to keep my calorie intake on the low side while keeping my workouts intense so I can incinerate fat. The idea is to keep my stomach full on fresh veggies so I will drop fat quickly. The body feels full, yet in a way it is starving. I'm taking it one day at a time. Excited to see how I do by the end of the week.

No comments: