Tuesday, August 30, 2011

mirror mirror

I weighed and measured today. Up 3 pounds from last week. This is not fat or muscle gain, just bloat. Fluctuation in weight 3-5lbs is normal for me. But I had an impeccable diet last week and worked out so freakin' hard. So the fact that my measurements were still the same bothers me a little. I should be seeing some sort of measurable improvement, shouldn't I? I know sometimes you can experience lulls. And I know that it can take your body time to adjust. But come on....seriously. Seriously?

(uh oh....here we go....)

I honestly don't know what more I can do. I torture myself with grueling workouts, day in and day out. I eat clean and healthy almost ALL the time. I deprive myself of things I would love to eat but don't simply because of either high calorie content, or because it's unhealthy and I don't want to waste all the effort sweat and tears I put into my workouts. I keep track of what I eat. I take supplements. I sneak in extra activity whenever I can. I am borderline psychotic when it comes to this stuff. Obsessed, if you will. YET.....

yet...

I need to hire a trainer, or a coach or something. I need to know what they do in situations like this. But won't. Because I'm certain that they wouldn't give me any new information that I haven't already read or tried. So I'll just keep going, doing what I'm doing. I know that if I continue to do the right things, eventually I will see something.

My mom wanted to take me out to lunch yesterday. I shot her down. I feel bad for always saying "not today" because I don't want to be tempted with food I wouldn't have eaten if I just stayed home. But I gave her a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to. I told her that once November rolls around, I will eat more and I could not believe the response I got.

She was SO happy to hear me say that. I don't know what it is with my mom and husband, but they insist that I am too skinny and that I need to gain weight. Last night, Andreas told me he wished I would gain 15 pounds of fat. I didn't say anything. But later I asked him, "Do you really think I need to gain 15 pounds of fat?" ....he said, "ok, how about 5lbs of fat" and I said, "Do you know what 5 pounds of fat looks like? That's 20 sticks of butter!" Gross! I need that stuck to my ass like I need a hole in the head!

So I said I wouldn't mind gaining 5 pounds of muscle. Even 10 pounds of muscle. It's dense, more compact. That way I wouldn't jiggle or look bigger. And he still insisted I gain fat. What? Has he gone mad? I'm not unhealthy. I'm not emaciated. Fitness models have lower body fat than I do and they look great. So what gives?

I love the fact that he thinks I'm thin. I would much rather have a husband that wants to feed me cookies instead of hide them from me. And I know he thinks I'm sexy. I just don't understand all of the "you're too thin" talk, because I just don't think that I am. And frankly, it's starting to irritate me a little. Is there anyone in this universe on my side?? Is my mirror lying to me??


1 comment:

Amanda said...

what does he think of the girls competing in bikini division or the ones on the cover of oxygen magazine? does he think they are too skinny? maybe he just doesnt likes the look of sh!t hot woman like yourself??!!!! I know my husband phil doesnt particularly like the look of muscly toned girls. he is old school and likes big boobs and a "soft and slimish" body!! anyway - CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY re weight loss. you gotta look at the bigger picture. Maybe only weigh and measure once a month? so many things can attribute to weight. maybe next week your body will lose for no special reason. that happens to me sometimes. i lose the weight/inches when i dont do anything special/different. just keep plugging along charlotte, it will happen. you are doing everything right. just be patient!! - hahaha coming from me who is a borderline phsyco on the subject! DON'T GIVE IN - YOU KNOW YOU WILL GET THERE xx