Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bring it

So it's the weekend. Generally, a time full of temptations and eventually slip ups. Well, with the motivation I've got going, all I have to say is "BRING IT!!!"

Nothing can stop me now.

I'm on a roll. And it reminds me of the way I felt earlier this year, when I had a really successful 2 months. I finally worked my way out of the plateau I was in and saw some measurable results. I haven't made much progress since then, but I haven't been as strict with my diet either.

But I'm in the zone. Don't want to break it now.

I've got until the end of October to go as hardcore as I can, trying to shave off any extra fat before I start lifting again. And eating! That will be nice! Bumping my calories up to about 2300 a day.....yes! But that's way into the future and I don't want to think about it right now. Just focus on today.

My workouts have been INTENSE. I am pushing harder than ever. Sweating gallons. And recovering well with BCAAs and post workout nutrition (both Prograde at the moment). That's very important when you work out hard. I am not going to waste all that effort!

Still keeping my workouts between 30 and 40 minutes. No need to go longer. You don't do your body any good working out longer than an hour anyway. At that point, you start going backwards. Your cortisol levels go up and the higher energy requirements will force your body to break down muscle. I also make sure I provide my muscles with the right nutrients, pre and post workout, so I will use fat as fuel and spare my hard earned muscle. Lack of proper diet, and excessive working out will make any training futile. That reminds me of my stupid self back when I lifted so heavy thinking I was going to build muscle, yet trying to eat low amounts of calories like a dieter. Got me nowhere.

Get in, work hard, get out!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, havent spoken to you for a while! so are you leaning down before you start building in October? i know you have to eat more to build - how did you come up with 2300 cals? and what will your macros be? where did you get the info from? that sounds like my plan atm! lean down at around 1200 cals then increase cals to build. interested in what you are doing xx