Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm my own drill seargant

We went to get Emma's hair cut last week and while we were there I couldn't keep my eyes off of this woman. I felt a little like a creeper, stealing glances at her, trying not to obviously ogle her. But she was amazing. Not in the usual way that the women that work in hair salons are amazing. You know, all done up with perfect hair and perfect make up and perfect clothes. Don't get me wrong, this woman had all those things, but that isn't what made me stare. It was her arms.

She had the most amazing muscular arms I think I've ever seen (in person) on a woman. The muscle was so visible, even though she wasn't flexing. And then, of course, she had the most perfect round lifted butt and tight legs to match those gorgeous arms. She obviously worked out hard with weights, knew what she was doing, ate the right foods, etc. I wanted to be her. Eden thought I was so weird. "why do you keep looking at her?" she said. "Look at her arms!!" I said. I told my husband about her. He just nodded. Didn't say a word. It doesn't interest him in the least. But I don't care. That's gonna be me some day.

I don't want to be the average girl. I'm so sick of being average. I want to WOW people the way she WOWed me. I want to be admired. I want to be beautiful. Is that so wrong, so shallow, so vain? Well, if it is, I don't care. That is what I want. And I'm not going to get there dieting am I? I'm not going to get there running. I'm not going to get there doing cardio videos. I'm not going to get there doing yoga. I'm going to get there lifting weights. My poor neglected bench :( November can NOT come fast enough!

Ok, focus. Stay with it. Concentrate on today. It's all about fat loss. Burn it, baby, burn it! Think millions of jump squats, lunge jumps, dog burps, mountain climbers, woodchoppers, bucket drops, stingers, butt kicks, high knees, push ups and pull ups, hill sprints.......all those wonderful things that make you sweat like a whore in church! Then again. And again. And again!! Don't stop 'til you drop! You love it! (no, I really don't) Staying in shape is a pain in the ass! I don't workout because it's like so much fun and I could just do it all day - I workout because unless I want to be fluffy and frumpy, it's what I have to do. I do it because I want to be fit.

And when November is here, and you've been a good girl and done your fair effing share of stupid damn cardio, it's back to doin' the ONLY thing that's gonna get you that admirable body. Weighlifting. Only this time, I'm gonna eat to back it up ;)

p.s. Amanda - my maintenance level calories is around 2000 so I figure if I bump it up to 2300 while lifting, I'll be able to gain muscle without much fat [or at least, that is the goal]. I think I read somewhere to add between 300 and 500 calories.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, why is it november you will start weightlifting? is it the shapeshifter programme you are doing? what will your diet be like when you're doing weights? ie macros. what programme will be your guideline? great post btw. i lol when i read you where staring at that woman - i do that all the time. nothing like a bit of real life motivation!!