Friday, August 12, 2011

happy days are here again

I mapped some new running routes I want to try on livestrong.com (loops). I have really enjoyed being outside getting exercise vs. inside in my basement. I have toyed around with the idea of repainting the walls in my workout room so that it is brighter and more pleasant. Maybe setting up my old school cd player with the big speakers so I can really blast the body moving tunes. My little iHome just doesn't cut it sound-wise.

I might try doing two colors. I have been searching around online a little for some ideas. I don't want anything too bold. I want it to feel serene, yet energizing.

I also like the idea of one mirrored wall. Sometimes it can be helpful when you are squatting, for instance, to check out your form. I have been known to grab the 3/4 length mirror from the wall and bring it downstairs with me because I work harder when I can see myself and see myself do the exercises the right way. I wouldn't need it for running on the treadmill, that would just be weird. And maybe a tad narcissistic.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a lot of top of the line equipment and a fancy looking room but as Zuzana from BodyRockTv says, you don't need expensive stuff to get in shape. Look at this chick, she has an amazing figure. And if you watch the video, she shows you her modest home gym, including her garage sale bench. My treadmill and my bench together probably cost about $500 - which is pretty frugal I think.

Yesterday morning before breakfast, the girls biked along with me as I ran. I went 5 miles. It felt so good! It's almost scaring me how much I have been enjoying running. It will be sad when the weather is frigid and I don't want to run outside anymore. Lord knows I can't motivate myself to run on the treadmill for more than 30 minutes. But it should end up working out for the best because by that time, I will need to make the switch to lifting weights anyway.

I've been tracking my calories online and yesterday I was way under my daily goal. In fact, I came in under 1000 which is very abnormal for me. I wish I could do that every day! It helped that all I had in the morning was a chocolate protein shake with spinach. Then around 1:00 I had a small pita sandwich. At 4:00 I had a protein bar and then for supper at 6:00 I had two eggs and some oatmeal and a handful of cherry tomatoes.

Motivation is high and I'm feeling like there are more good days to come!

No comments: