Wednesday, August 3, 2011

doing ok

Still going good since Monday. I am doing really well keeping my calorie intake low. My meals are hovering around 200 - 250. I think I may be starting to feel some of the effects of low calories though. I was a tad crabby this morning. Not only am I on lower calories, but I have been adding more cardio to my days. So I've been doing either circuits or fasted intervals in the morning and steady state cardio at night. Except for this morning, I woke up with a headache so I decided to take the morning off. I'll probably do my intervals tonight to make up for it. All I have to say is, with all this extra cardio and barely eating enough to keep myself vertical, I BETTER see some sort of positive feedback from my measuring tape by next Monday!

Today, I had shredded wheat & bran with almond milk and blueberries for breakfast. I had a protein bar for lunch instead of "whole" food but it was one of the better ones with only 2g of sugar and 20g protein. And I was busy with errands and laundry so it worked into my schedule. It is nice to have them around for days like today. I also made my typical veggie concoction to drink on the side so I got my veggies in. And for afternoon snack I had Greek yogurt mixed with natural peanut butter and cocoa powder (yum!) and tomatoes.

And speaking of tomatoes, I got a baggie full of delicious cherry tomatoes from my friend, Carmen. I opened the bag up when I got home and started eating them....and couldn't stop! Home grown produce is always such a treat when you are used to store bought. Anyway, the bag is nearly empty now and my tummy is full =)

I am always in awe by this woman. (Carmen is Runnergirl...find her blog on my sidebar) Not only is she a terrific friend, but she is a phenomenal mother. She has 3 small children and still finds the energy to run miles and miles daily. Just today she was up at 4:30 and ran 7 miles. Unbelievable. Most people would say they don't have time or are just too tired. She doesn't make excuses. And she probably does more before 9am then most people do all day! I am so glad I know her because she is GREAT motivation for me. From now on, when I think I am too tired or just don't feel like getting my cardio done, I'm going to think of her. Would Carmen put it off? Hell no! She would be up at 4:00am! While I will never be able to drag my butt out of bed that early and pound the pavement (it's hard to think about working out even at 6:30 or 7:00am sometimes) I can still think of her heart and enthusiasm to inspire me to get it done, even if it's 8:00 in the evening. What a truly amazing woman.

I am happy to have someone in my life who shares my interest in staying fit. I honestly think she is the only one that doesn't try to drag me down. We all deserve to have someone like that who can motivate us and inspire us to be the best person we can be. I believe that surrounding yourself with positive, happy and energetic people really does make a difference in how you feel. I hope you are seeking out like-minded people that are inspiring you to make positive changes in your life.

Possible diet busters this week: My mother's birthday dinner at Mexican Village. Why does she have to pick one of my favorite places to gorge when I'm trying to be low calorie...lol. It's not until Saturday evening and if I allow myself one high carb day a week, that will be the perfect day to do it.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Thank you so much for saying such nice things about me! You really made my day!! I think YOU are the amazing one!! And I feel so blessed to be able to call you my friend.