Friday, August 5, 2011

It's friday, friday....

I was tired last night. I had been decorating our driveway with sidewalk chalk (at the request of my daughters) and creating all that beauty (haha) made me sleepy. I just laid on my back on the driveway, listening to my girls chatter and watching the clouds. My back cracked, it felt good. Then all of a sudden I thought, I should just go for a jog. I asked Eden, my 8 year old, if she wanted to tag along on her scooter. Surprisingly she said yes. So we headed out.

It seemed a lot more humid than I remember it being earlier in the day. And I think I made the wrong choice in wearing capris and a t-shirt instead of shorts and a tank. I was so hot. A little afraid that I was going to overheat, actually. But I didn't, and it felt so good to see the home stretch. I could feel Eden beside me, speeding up to get to the garage first and from out of nowhere I pushed through my exhaustion and sprinted towards the house. I don't care much for competition, but for some reason, I wanted to get there first.

Eden did awesome. She didn't complain once. At one point, she thought we were going to turn around and go back and when I said we would keep going I thought she would protest, but she didn't. I am feeling a little sore today. Some of it is from my circuit yesterday (I did awesome, got in 20 pull ups!) but also because I'm not used to all this running. My knees and hips are feeling it. Every day this week so far I have gone out for a jog in the evening, in addition to working out in the morning, and eating much less than I could. Really want some positive changes by Monday!

The one drawback to adding more cardio is the fact that I seem to be really starving at night. Last night I had to have something before bed because I was so hungry I couldn't sleep! I ended up just having a protein bar. I could have eaten more. A lot more!

I made the family Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner last night. I can honestly say I have never made it before. Do you know why? Because it calls for an entire stick of butter and 1 whole pint of heavy cream for the sauce. That's a LOT of fat. And a lot of calories. And then you add all the calorie dense pasta on top of that.....YIKES! I guess it was delicious (how could it not be) and everyone loved it. I had tuna lettuce wraps, which didn't smell quite as heavenly. Emma told me "You finally found something I like to eat!". I guess if I cooked more with butter and cream, I would be the mother everyone remembered for how tasty her food was. But I guess it's more important to me to be the mother they'll remember for sneaking spinach into the sauce.

I've got a fun weekend ahead of me: out with two of my nieces tonight, and two birthday parties tomorrow. This is where I need to switch my will power into high gear!

No comments: