Saturday, April 21, 2012

I'm nervous

I have spent that last week meticulously tracking every crumb that has gone into my mouth. Actually counting out the macros and portioning it correctly before I eat it. I've even been weighing my meat. This is something that I've never done before. I've always just eyeballed it.

If I grill flank steak, I can eat a LOT of it. It's so tasty. But if I weigh out 3 oz of it, YIKES, that's a small amount.

So anyway, I'm nervous because I have to weigh and measure myself on Monday. I was so certain that because I have eaten more perfectly than I ever have in my entire life (not even joking) this past week that there is just no way I won't see improvement when I measure my thighs. I've done every single workout and given it 110%. I've still got a HIIT session today, but that's an easy day for me. Yet, I still have that lingering doubt, that fear that I will see no change. And what then?

Seriously? What the heck do I do if that happens? Does that mean that I need to eat more? This is what has sort of lit the fear fire. In this book I'm reading [Nutrient Timing - John Ivy, Ph.D. & Robert Portman, Ph.D] the calorie count I should be consuming is far greater than what I've been doing in the past week. They suggest, for fat loss, to decrease calories by 100-200 below maintenance. So far, I haven't heard anything about carb cycling. I haven't finished the book yet but I'm over half way.

They seem to be pretty pro carb in the book so I'm going to guess that there will be nothing on carb cycling. And if that's the case, and I only go 200 calories below my maintenance level every day, It's going to be slooooooooooooow going with the fat loss. In theory, it would take me over two weeks just to lose a pound! But then again, it's not like it's just falling off me now anyway.

I wish I could just find something solid that worked for me and trust in it and follow it without doubt and skepticism. I wish I wouldn't scare myself by thinking what I'm doing isn't working when I still have two days to go until I measure myself.

But, for kicks and giggles, I thought I would show you my daily macros and ratios.

SUNDAY: Carbs: 67.5g  Fat: 53.3g  Prot: 139.8g  Calories: 1259.8 - carb 24%/prot 36%/fat 40%

MONDAY: Carbs: 197g  Fat: 41g  Prot: 171g  Calories: 1827 - carb 41%/prot 38%/fat 21%

TUESDAY:: Carbs: 65.2g  Fat: 60.9g  Prot: 135.6g  Calories: 1312 - carb 19%/prot 40%/fat 41%

WEDNESDAY: Carbs: 171g  Fat: 65.5g  Prot: 113.9g  Calories: 1747 - carb 40%/prot 26%/fat 34%

THURSDAY: Carbs: 61.4g  Fat: 55.4g  Prot: 102.2  Calories: 1183 - carb 21%/prot 37%/fat 42%

FRIDAY: Carbs: 332g  Fat: 62.1g  Prot: 129.6g  Calories: 2445 - carb 55%/prot 22%/ fat 23%

I think I did good in terms of how the carb cycling was supposed to go. There were a couple days that were slightly off but for the most part, fat and carb percentage went every other day in respect to being the higher macro. Which was the plan. And I had planned for a high carb day on Friday, and as you can see, I did that!

If anyone can offer any helpful suggestions, I'm willing to listen!

I would type out exactly what I ate but that would just take way too long. If only I could import MyPlate somehow...

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

imagine how they feel on the biggest loser when its weigh in!!! you are doing FANTASTIC i am in awe of you atm xxx