Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sprinting

Yesterday I tried the "sprint 4 minutes a day" idea, as per a couple of posts ago (part 3). Instead of my usual 30 second sprint, 30 second rest intervals, I did this:

5 minute warm up walk/jog
SPRINT (10mph) - 1 minute
walk 3 minutes
SPRINT (10 mph) - 1 minute
walk 3 minutes
SPRINT (10 mph) - 1 minute
walk 3 minutes
SPRINT (10 mph) - 1 minute
walk 3 minutes

Then I walked another 4 or 5 minutes before cranking up the incline on the treadmill and hill walking for 20 minutes.

Both of these exercises are supposed to burn FAT and build a better butt. I'm hoping so! Because I enjoy doing them.

The sprinting intervals were great. I could definitely have gone faster than the 10, but that's as fast as my treadmill goes. However, I could tell I was fatiguing during the last 10 seconds of the last set. Still, I really enjoy interval training. The time flies by. No time to get bored. I'm definitely a sprinter.

I'm replacing my usual HIIT routine with this from now on. The recommended amount was 4 minutes a day, 3 days a week. I'm scheduled to do 2 HIIT sessions a week already. I'll just add in that extra one after a weight training session (replacing the 20 minutes on the elliptical). YES!!

Now, ALL of these exercises and diet habits that I'm implementing are supposed to be sure fire ways to lose fat. Ok, let's see it happen!

Oh, and I switched protein powders (again). I wasn't impressed with the flavor of the OnlyProtein chocolate. I did love the idea of it being super clean and organic. BUT, it was so blah. I decided to go with Prograde. I LOVE the chocolate flavor! Really rich and delicious. And it has more protein.

No comments: