Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fresh new start

Well, it's time to get back into the groove tomorrow. I've had a good break from strict eating, now I'm ready to get back to my normal diet. I don't know how people can eat junk on a daily basis. It just makes me feel like crap. And feeling crappy most of the day isn't worth the few minutes of joy spent eating deliciously nasty food.

I've had everything from hot dogs, to chips, to ice cream to cake.....you name it, I've probably been eating it. My husband has been my cheerleader through it all. He really likes to see me eat. Especially chocolate. He is always trying to fatten me up like I'm the Christmas pig.

I'm moving to a 5 day split weight training routine. I'm hoping this will help me grow. I'm going to really push myself to lift as heavy as I can and keep it increasing from week to week. There is NOTHING quite like the feeling you get when you lift at a weight that was once too difficult.

Another thing I'm really going to strive for is at least 3 servings of vegetables per day. I've been really slacking off getting my veggies in. Although yesterday morning I had halibut, with spinach, onions, avocado and strawberries for breakfast. Yes, fish for breakfast. Not something I've ever done before, but it was leftover from the previous night so I thought, what the heck...

Other than that, not much to report. I'm totally stunned that I'm still fitting into my pants after these past 2 weeks but I'm not complaining! I've only been working out 3 times per week (since cutting cardio) and that makes me feel like a bit of a slacker too. But even I can admit that it's nice to have a little slow down after you've been hitting it hard and intense for so long. I can tell when I'm over reaching because it starts to get harder and harder to motivate myself to workout.

I'll fill you in on my "new" workout tomorrow.

No comments: