Friday, May 18, 2012

just loving and enjoying life

I've slowed down my training quite a bit in the last 2-3 weeks. This past week, I will have done only 3 weight training sessions and NO cardio (except for rebounding, but I'm not really sure that counts?).

On Monday, the workout looked short on paper, but it was tough! 4 supersets x 3, each of the 8 exercises used were big compound movements.

On Wednesday, I did 2 giant sets. Each set was completed twice through before getting to rest (total of 4 sets). By the end of the workout, I had completed 20 minutes walking on the treadmill at max incline 40 deadlifts, 40 jump squats, 40 db lunges (each leg), and 240 mountain climbers. Followed by 20 minutes of rebounding.

Last night, I was doing some gymnastics out in the yard with my girls. Cartwheels, round offs and back walkovers (only helping with the back walkovers though). It's SOOOO nice to be nearly 40 and still able to play outside in the yard and outlast my kids most of the time! They are always so amazed by the things I can do, especially if they can't do it themselves. This fitness lifestyle of mine is not just about appearance!!

I remember being at the park one time and doing a "penny drop" .... they were literally in awe and wanted me to do it over and over. If you are unfamiliar with what that is, you are sitting on top of a stable bar, fall forward and tuck under, swing your arms out on the backward swing, let your legs go off the bar and land on your feet. I know that isn't a good explanation of it, but it's the best I've got.

Actually, they were impressed by the mere fact that I could pull myself up to a sitting position on the bar, let alone do a flip off of it and land on my feet. This is the stuff I used to do on the playground as an elementary school kid, and I can still do it after all these years. That is something to take pride in, I think.

My diet has been much more relaxed. I eat what I want, when I want, and I actually feel less stressed and happier. But my stomach doesn't like it. I know I've said that before. But it's the truth. I haven't felt "normal" in weeks. My mom says, "Oh, you'll get used to it." HA! Oh no I won't! I'm not going to let my body get "used to it" ever again! I just want to enjoy myself, my family and my life - our time together - without feeling selfish, strained, stressed (anymore S-words?).

I'll be back to more fit-n-friendly eating soon, but I'm in no hurry ;)

No comments: