Friday, May 25, 2012

My day yesterday

My youngest daughter turned 6 yesterday. I was so busy while the kids were at school, running around getting supplies for the party, making decorations, baking and decorating a cake, etc, that I "forgot" to eat lunch! Why do I procrastinate like this EVERY TIME? Pretty much the only lunch (if you can call it that) I had was nibbling on cake as I was carving it to look like a lalaloopsy doll head.


This white cake was SO incredibly fluffy and soft, it made frosting it pretty hellish. I didn't run into any real problems until I was almost done with the second pony tail. The bottom half just crumbled and fell apart because the frosting was so heavy. Luckily I had baked extra cake and just carved out a new one. But it only held up for about an hour or so before crumbling again. I was most impressed by the fact that I was able to mix up a color that resembled "skin color".

Per Emma's request, I made a blue cake with pink frosting in the layers. It was supposed to have 3 tiers but one of my tiers completely crumbled when I took it out of the pan. Next time I carve a cake, it will not be this white cake again. Way too soft.

The funny thing is, I was so calm and collected throughout the whole process. Even when the pony tail crumbled apart, I just scraped it off and made a new one. SO unlike me! Typically I'd be stressing and probably swearing. I guess my new pills are working for me...haha ;)

So for dinner, we had sliders and chips. I didn't think I'd want any cake after all the frosting licking and cake nibbling I did. But I had cake for dessert too. My stomach hurt SO bad that it woke me up during the night! And I still had cramps this morning! THIS is why I just cannot eat like this anymore. It's not just about trying to keep my body looking good, it's because it literally makes me feel miserable!

And with that, I give you my new and improved diet plan:

Meal 1: 4-6 egg whites, oatmeal
Meal 2: whey shake and banana (post workout)
Meal 3: 4 oz grilled poultry or white fish w/ Mrs. Dash, 1 c. spinach, 1/2 c. brown rice topped with oil/vinegar/cracked pepper
Meal 4: 3/4 c. cottage cheese (or chicken or fish), 2 tbsp raw almonds, 3/4 c. chopped broccoli topped with oil/vinegar/cracked pepper and onion
Meal 5: same as 3
Meal 6: same as 2

And at least 2 liters, preferably 1 gallon of water per day

I copied this from a website but I'll be damned if I can't find it now! I've been running the same search and still can't get it....weird. So I'm sorry, I can't give proper credit :( I'll keep trying though.

She says "Yes, it's repetitive. But it works." She also says that the reason you aren't getting the results you want is because you're giving in to temptation. You HAVE to be strict and sacrifice. It's not about your preferences and taste. Simple as that.

And I will leave you with this...........HOLY CRAP!


I'm pretty sure my husband would divorce me if I got this muscular but I gotta admit...I sort of love it :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

how did you go with sue heintz?

cake looks awesome btw !!

Charlotte said...

You know, I liked her workout routines. I didn't follow the diet (of course) so I didn't see any results from the program. She has some great tips though. I'm still trying to get some avocado in every day, for instance. I think it was worth trying out.