Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good morning everyone!
Today, is a great day. I'm going to get my 4 minutes of all out sprints done, I'm going to work hard at the gym, I'm going to do some girly butt lifts tonight before bed, and I'm going to eat tons of veggies.

I found some lean chicken breakfast sausage at the store that I'm having with my oats for breakfast this morning. Sometimes, I find it hard to choke down tons of egg whites in addition to the oats. I need something a little different. Whole eggs I can do, but just the whites is a bit more challenging for me.

The sausages were good, but different. Obviously. They are lean. But they packed them with apple maple flavor so they are not bland by any means. You just have to learn to tolerate the variances in flavors when you are eating for a fit body.

I am also making some chicken & veg meatballs for the week. My husband saw the ground chicken thawing in the sink and was horrified. "Don't worry," I told him, "it's for me." To which he was extremely relieved. No matter how many times I've tried making turkey meatballs, even if it's only half turkey, he never likes it. I have to admit, I would much rather eat beef meatballs too.

But I've never really been a dainty salad eating girl. I'm a meat eater. Put a big juicy steak in front of me and you've won my heart. Speaking of that, my husband took me out to eat at one of the areas fine dining establishments over the weekend. It's our favorite place to eat. Expensive, but so worth it. I had Fillet Mignon. This place never ceases to amaze me. It's almost a crime to go there and not have one of their steaks. Perfectly and delectably medium from end to end. I swear, I don't know HOW they pull it off with a thick cut of beef like that. Mouth watering, juicy, perfect! I was in heaven. And I had the most exquisite potato ale soup. I told the waitress that I wanted the chef to move in with us. She laughed. I was serious.

I could SO be a foodie. I mean, I am, it's just that it sort of interferes with my body goals. I can't have my cake and eat it too. But I would really love to be a food critic. Someone that has a column in a popular foodie magazine that gets to travel around, eating delicious food at top restaurants and then writing about it. Oh what a life that would be!

No comments: