Monday, January 18, 2010

Days 13, 14 & 15

Weekend away from home:

Friday was good, was planning on keeping it that way even though we were going to stop along the way to eat dinner. I assumed we'd be getting out of the car and eating IN a restaurant but hubby wanted to do a drive thru so we could keep on the move. I drove the whole way there, so I had to eat while driving. Of course we stopped at McDonald's and it is hard to find something there that is both carb free and easy enough to eat while driving.

I ended up eating a grilled chicken sand which, bun and all :( BUT, I kept it as healthy as I could. I didn't eat fries, and I opted for grilled instead of breaded. That was smart.

Saturday was also good. Despite the fact that the free breakfast spread at the hotel consisted of a lot of disastrous temptations, I stuck with eggs and an apple. Lunch was also healthy at the Olive Garden with Minestrone soup and salad. One small treat in the afternoon, fat free frozen yogurt. And for dinner, smart again with a tilapia dinner plate at Perkins which was only 420 calories. I ate carbs with it again (white rice) but with that little amount of calories, and the fact that I REALLY wanted the country fried chicken on biscuits smothered in gravy (and didn't order it) it was a success!

Sunday was OK. Started out great again, apple, yogurt and eggs. Lunch at IKEA - Salmon with some cool broccoli/potatoes au gratin thingy. If I would have stopped there, it would have been a good plan. But I ate one of Edens breaded chicken strips she couldn't finish. :( Then, I ate a mammoth muffin from Perkins which is a BAD as well. For dinner when we rolled into town at 7:15 I had a roasted chicken sub from Subway. Great - except for the carbs at night thing which I found difficult to avoid this whole weekend.

I packed my running shoes and workout clothes with the full intention of using the fitness room but didn't. We walked and walked and WALKED all day both Saturday and Sunday which was good in place of NO exercise but I should have still done something to get my heart rate up :(

OVERALL: I am disappointed in myself for slacking. However, on a trip like this I would normally take the opportunity to pig out on anything and everything, and I held back even though it was hard. I made smart choices most of the time with one pretty minor slip up each day. It definitely could have been worse. But now we are back, it's Monday, and I can kick it into full gear again.

Oh, and I should mention that we went swimming also. That was nice, I love to swim. But it was a nice reminder of how uncomfortable I still am in a swim suit. I am too self conscious about my body. At least there was no one else in the pool that first day.

No comments: