Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursday

Tuesday and Wednesday were rest days. I work out 3 days per week, with one rest day in between and 2 after the 3rd workout. Just FYI.

Thursday 1/28/10

WORKOUT B

Lunges 45lbs too easy
Extensions 85lbs
Deadlift 90lbs
Leg Curl 55lbs
BB Incline Press 40lbs
BB Row 40lbs
DB Pullover 2-10lb dbs
BB Shoulder Press 35lbs
BB Bicep Curl 35lbs
Skull Crushers 2-10lb dbs
Abs - DB Side Bend 15lb db

It's so exciting to progress at every workout! Whenever I know I have a hard lift ahead of me, I take a couple of nice deep cleansing breaths and go for it. I know it's going to be hard but I also know that I can do it. I can do it because I'm getting stronger every day.

The 90lb deadlifts are a challenge. The biggest challenge, though, is mental. I am constantly worried that I am not doing them with proper form. I think, "Is my back straight enough? Am I really using my hamstrings to lift this weight or am I putting too much strain on my back?" I need to quit that! I guess if I weren't lifting it right, my back would hurt the next day, and my back never hurts! (knock on wood!) Another thing that I think about is "Are my hamstrings sore enough from lifting that weight?". I mean, sure, I get sore, but not as sore as I think I should be. Oh the mind is a funny thing! And I am always the most sore 2 days after a lift.

My arms are pretty small, so my progression seems small but I WILL be patient. I will persevere.

By the way, I am reading a book called "Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude" and it's a GREAT book for me. I had noticed that I was starting to become a bit negative about things, complaining too much. I wanted to turn that around before it got to be too bad and my husband couldn't' stand to be around me anymore! I was cutting myself down too much. Now, I am telling myself every day how beautiful I am, inside and out. I am consciously making a great effort to ALWAYS see the positive side of things. I am making an effort to be the most pleasant person I can be. Because no one likes to be around a crabby negative person!

No comments: