Friday, September 16, 2011

It's Friday!

I've toned down my crazy, balls to the wall exercising attitude this week. I've only done two super hyper intense and crazy cardio/plyometric sessions, ran a few times and walked every night. And I got some morning walks in there too. It's been cold....too cold for mid September, but I've been getting my butt out there anyway. Just because it feels so good. I am kicking myself in the ass for not doing this all summer long. But it's not quite as enjoyable when it's still 90% humidity at 9:00pm. The cooler air is much nicer when it comes to walking.

I bought some new walking shoes. Although they weren't the ones I wanted. The place I bought them didn't have much for sizes, but I was all about getting the sale so I ended up with my 3rd or 4th choice. Yes, they were very much in need of new stock. I probably should have waited and checked around at different stores but whatever. They work I guess. Next on my 'wish list' is a new pair of running shoes. The ones I have are getting pretty old and my toe is starting to poke through the mesh. I don't think I'll get those until the spring since I don't plan on doing a ton of running after next month. We'll see....

I'm really just enjoying myself lately. I love going for power walks. I take the same route I usually take when I run. Which is different from the route I took during the summer months because that road is under construction (of course). Always road construction. It's never ending around here. But since it's starting to get darker earlier, I think I'm going to use another route. The bike path isn't lit up and it's super creepy in the evening when it's dark. I'd rather be on the lit sidewalks. I know that sounds really paranoid. This area is pretty safe for the most part, but I am extremely jumpy lately since reading this book "Every Breath You Take".

This morning, when I took Lizzy for her walk, this guy in a van pulled up next to me and said, "I was dropping my kid off at school and I saw you walking your dog. We were wondering what kind of dog it was." So I told him. He put his van into park. He was really chatty, "We thought she looked like a Spaniel. Is this your first big dog? How old is she? Is she friendly? Can I pet her?", and he started to open his door. And I was like, "uh......I don't know." And he said, "Oh, do you have time? Never mind, that's all right.", and he closed his door. Phew! I felt so stupid. So I recovered with, "It's just that she is really excitable and gets hard to control." He was very friendly and understood. But I thought to myself, good lord woman! It's broad daylight at a time when tons of people are bustling to work, what was he going to do, wrestle you into the van with all the neighbors watching?? This is how paranoid I am. But sometimes the nicest seeming people are the ones that get you. That's how they lure you in. Not that I think he was trying to do that, but it was kind of creepy that he actually went out of his way to turn into Rose Creek just to ask me what kind of dog I had because he'd seen us walking 40th.

Anyway.....

I got some different protein bars this week. Their called Oh Yeah! and they sort of look like a Twix with the inside of a Kit Kat. But they don't taste like much. They aren't really sweet at all. Which I don't mind. I liked the crunch and texture. I gave them a thumbs up. I also got some PowerCrunch to try. They look good too, but I haven't tried them yet. Very low sugar on these bars, like 1 or 2g. I usually eat PureProtein, when I do eat them, and they are good but very dense and it's like work to chew and swallow them. And when I bought them, the guy at GNC gave me a bottle of Yok3d to try, which is some nitric oxide enhancing stuff I'd never heard of before. But he asked me if I worked out a lot and I said that was an understatement and so he smiled and threw in this bottle for free. I'm not going to turn down free stuff! I just took them for the first time this morning and so I'm going to see how they do. The sucky thing is you are supposed to take them 60-90 minutes pre workout. Perfect time to get a blog post done while I'm waiting for my super hero pills to kick in ;)

No comments: