Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jumping back into the loop

I can't decide how I'm feeling. After the last few weeks of brutally agonizing workouts, trying to remain strong on calorie limitations, then letting it all hang out for 4 days in a row. I don't know if it was relief, elation, or guilt....

4 days with no "scheduled" workout. I ate the greasiest pizza known to man. Brownies. Cake. Cupcakes. Chips. With wild and reckless abandon. The funny thing is, after doing all that for 4 days, I literally feel unchanged. As though it did nothing harmful whatsoever to my body. Oh, I'm sure my innards are working double time to rid me of toxins and what-have-you, but today, I am no worse for wear.

I stepped back into reality with a 'sweaty as it gets' workout this morning, followed by a lovely 50 minute afternoon walk and 3 - 200 calorie meals (so far). I've burned far more than I've consumed already today. I wish every day was like that.

The only real "exercise" I got over the weekend was tossing the football around with my daughters and nephew (and Bigs for a little while, which I gotta be honest, surprised and excited me). Today my arm was quite sore. And I have to say, I'm not bad at throwing a football. But get me behind a glove and a baseball and I'm wicked! Inside this "dainty" little shell lurks a sporty little competitor. Just thought you'd like to know that.

We went for walks and even a bike ride. It was a great weekend. The only disappointment was not walking up the big hill at Maplewood. That is always a fun mini workout. But as the family suddenly started packing up from our picnic, it seemed that I was the only one interested in the walk so we just went home.

I've started taking Melatonin for my serious bout of sleeplessness. So far, the last couple of nights have improved. I've been exhausted to the point of puking and so something needed to be done. I'll keep you posted.

Now I need to do the daunting and tedious task of coming up with a menu for the week. Does anyone have any ideas for fast, delicious and HEALTHY meals? I would welcome any ideas since I seem to be lacking in creative cooking lately.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

You could always make white chili. :)