Friday, September 9, 2011

just, dang it

Did you ever notice how unforgiving the fitting room mirrors are? The lighting is so bad and every single flaw stands out and screams at you. Every lump. Every dimple. Magnified. It's horrible! If you ever want to feel bad about yourself, that's a sure fire way to do it. My mirrors at home make me look like a goddess compared to a fitting room mirror. Oh, the horror.....

As if you couldn't have guessed, I was in a fitting room yesterday. Actually, I was in a fitting room the day before too. At a different store. And I was hoping the second one might be different, that way I could just blame it on the lighting in the first store. But nope. Same deal. Now that I can't blame it on the light, I have to blame it on myself. And the sad reality is, it's not pretty. Honestly, I don't know how I ever dare wear anything less than cropped pants again.

It really just pisses me off too. Because I work so hard and I actually think I look worse. I'm not kidding! I'm on the warpath now. I'm seriously thinking of just starving the fat off my body. Because obviously no amount of exercise is going to do it. That just doesn't sound fun, but neither does killing myself with exercise, especially when it doesn't do any good. Well, I shouldn't say that. It does keep me thin and it does keep my heart healthy. But DANG IT....just, dang it.

I'm whiny today.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

im whiny every day!! our gym mirrors are really flattering - they are tinted slightly darker. when i start pumping weights my definition looks awesome !!! soooo when i go into the department stores to try on cossies (swimsuits) i look like cottage cheese, get the sh!ts and feel defeated. talk about a basket case!! thats no way to make sales - how dumb are they? they should tint their mirrors and people would buy things!! i hear ya charlotte!!!