Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 7

2nd low carb day of my 2nd zig-zag cycle. I was dizzy today. I did my morning run (first run in a looooong time, probably a few months) and took a shower. After my shower I was dizzy so I ate. But I still was feeling queasy so I tried to take a little nap. I'm not sure if it's due to not enough nutrition or not being used to running or none of the above. Maybe this low carb thing is too hard on my body, especially when I workout hard every day. I'll continue to give it a good run for at least one more week. If I'm starting to feel yucky more often than not I might need to bump up my carb intake a little on my low days. I definitely don't want my workouts to suffer. I might not be as carb sensitive as I once thought. Maybe I'll still be able to get rid of the fat even with the starches in late afternoon. It's all trial and error. Everyone is different. That's what makes this journey so hard. There is no one fix for every person.

Even though it was a Saturday night, and I was at a movie theater with just my husband, I persevered. I held strong, no popcorn (I ate some nuts before we went) and we didn't go out to eat. Instead, we stopped at the store and picked up a rotisserie chicken and I had that and broccoli. Even my husband is starting to get used to my calorie rotation. On the way home I mentioned I would like to try eating at this yummy sandwich place not far from where we live and his response was "yeah, but it will have to be on one of your high calorie days, because it's pretty greasy". Bless his heart.

He wanted to stop and get burgers on the way home because we have no food in our house (tomorrow is grocery day), but I told him I couldn't do that today. Another big victory for me. Turn down burgers?? Who am I? I love it! Monday is my next high carb day and I'm going to have a cheat, first one in a week. I'm thinking Taco Johns...mmmmmm. I'm such a sucker for fast food junk. I wish I wasn't.

Tomorrow I get my belly pierced. I'm super excited. My niece is going with me. She probably just wants to see me squirm. I'll post pics!

No comments: