Thursday, January 6, 2011

hello high carb day

Day 4: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle journey

Today is a high carb day (yipee!). I'm so excited that I get to have a starch with dinner tonight. Honestly, these past 3 days of low carb eating haven't been all that bad. I'm trying to force myself to eat more veggies, and while it's difficult at times, it's going good.

The absolute HARDEST point in my day is between 3 and 5 o'clock. That's when things get hectic. The kids get home from school and the chaos begins. I'm a touch crabby from their shenanigans and it's snack time for me, but without a starch :( And at that time of day, when I seem the most ravenous, it's hard to make myself want to eat broccoli and nuts (for instance).

But I have a different idea today. I've been only eating my favorite Greek yogurt in the mornings, because I thought it fell into the category of simple carbs (which is sugary fruit). I also thought milk fell into that category too. BUT, I learned from reading this book that I have, that milk, yogurt, cheese (all low fat or non fat) fall into the protein category. I just never really count them as a protein because it's pretty low compared to meat or beans. So maybe being able to eat some filling yogurt in the afternoon will help.

I'm in the process of revamping my workout routines for next week, since I'll be done with metabolic circuits. I'm getting so excited I just want to start it now! This week, I've been adding a brisk 45 minute walk in the evenings, just to getting more calorie burn in.

The first goal I've set for myself is February 20th. That will be 49 days. I should be able to see significant changes in my body by then with the ramped up workouts and carb cycling. It's also a good gauging point, because if I haven't seen the changes I'm expecting, I know I will need to step in up even more to reach my second goal of June 1st.

No comments: