Thursday, January 27, 2011

great day

I went totally crazy at the grocery store today. Everything in my cart was 100% healthy and nutritious. I want to feed my family nothing but the best.

I am in a SUPER AWESOME mood today. Why? I got my cholesterol checked on Monday and the results were in my mailbox this morning. No heart disease for me in the future!

Here's the stats:

cholesterol: 184 (less than 200 is the goal)
HDL: 95!! (good cholesterol 40-60, higher is better) YES!! I swear by 2 eggs a day!
LDL: 63 (bad cholesterol 3-100, lower is better)
triglyceride: 130 (less than 150 is the goal)

Not too shabby!

I've also entered the "no sweets 'til Saturday" pact with my husband again. It's getting a little too much for me to handle when everyone around is eating candy and ice cream and junk all the time. It's no fun when mama bear can't join in :( So to make it easier on me (and better for everyone), we are saving our sweet tooth for Saturdays.

Ah.....

No comments: