Monday, January 3, 2011

only 5 more months now

It's already January. That means, only 5 more months to go. I need to step up! I'm currently on week 5 of my metabolic circuit routine. Two more weeks and that will conclude my 6 week goal. That really went by fast! When I first started it I thought it was challenging and couldn't imagine that I would be doing 6 rounds with only 60 second rests in between (and 3 days per week). And while it's still somewhat of a challenge, it's not nearly as bad. I can definitely tell that my endurance has improved.

Remember when I said that as a reward when my 6 weeks were over I was going to get my belly pierced? Well, I told my husband and he thought that sounded kinda sexy so he took the kids to the mall and they bought me a gift certificate for the piercing for Christmas! Wasn't that sweet? Now I can't chicken out!

I had a serious pep talk with myself now that it is January. It has been my plan since last summer that I would try and lift heavy, eat more and pack on as much muscle as possible over the fall and winter months so that come spring, I could just lift moderate weight and start running or doing some form of cardio to shave off the excess fat. Well, I don't think I'm going to wait until spring. I'm a bit nervous I won't make it in time.

So, as soon as this MCT is done in a couple weeks, I'm going to get a jump on it. I've already got my carb cycling routine in place and I have to say, day 1 was super fantastic! I felt like I over ate, actually! Honestly, I didn't even miss the starch at dinner. One bowl of chili and some broccoli and I was stuffed. I had to force feed myself breakfast: 4 egg whites, 1 egg and oatmeal. It was too much. Even though it was on my diet plan for 1600 calories/day. So tomorrow I'm going to cut back to 2 egg whites instead of 4 and see how that goes.

I am force feeding myself vegetables (which is one of my resolutions). That is probably the hardest part. I like them, I am just lazy.

I am also going to start keeping track of what I eat, because sometimes when I can't think of anything I want to eat, if I just look back to what I did on a previous day, that helps. I want to log my progress daily (I'm going to try hard to do that) because I want to record everything from how much energy I had that day, to what I ate, exercise I did, mood I was in....so that if I have a bad day I can maybe find triggers and that way avoid them in the future.

Today, my diet was near perfect! I lifted weights this morning then walked at a fast pace for 45 minutes after dinner. I had tons of energy. I was amped! I am super motivated right now and I pray it stays this way! I've done carb cycling before and I know it gets really tough but it's time to get serious. I WILL reach my goal by June 1st this year!

No comments: