Tuesday, January 25, 2011

going....going....gone

I'm losing my momentum....FAST. I have been trying so hard and seeing little result. Why does the Universe hate me? sigh...

I need a serious slap upside the head. Anyone interested?

My lack of result is not for lack of effort. Like I said, I exercise TWICE a day, most days. (don't freak out, the second round in the evening is just brisk walking) But rather, the lack of result is due to my splurging habits. This is why I say what you eat (you diet) is SO IMPORTANT. It has such a big impact on your results. No amount of exercise can out-do a poor diet.

And while my diet isn't poor, my splurges are too much or too often. Case and point: I made chocolate cake. I ate chocolate cake. Then I went out and had a martini and almost an entire plate of nachos. Then, next day, more cake and pizza. OMG - what the hell??? Do I not care that the entire week of killing myself in my "gym" was pretty much all for nothing?

Ok, I can't say it was for nothing because if I didn't workout and ate this way, I wouldn't be thin, let me tell you.

The fact is, I am never going to be able to be where I want if I can't keep my cheats under control. Once per week with the cheat, Charlotte...COME ON! You can DO this!

[reset]

Ok, I've just hit my reset button and I'm ready for another week. It started yesterday and I did fabulous! My calorie intake was definitely below 1600, just where it needs to be. I was trying to be very conscious of how much I was putting in my mouth and when I felt hungry I thought to myself, "Am I really that hungry? Can I delay my meal?" and it really worked to my advantage. It's when I'm not paying attention to the real clues my body is sending me that things get ugly.

Of course, there are days when I'm totally aware of the signals my body is sending me. Like the "I want to bake chocolate cake" signals. Oh, I listen to those alright. My biggest problem is identity crisis. I'm stuck between wanting to be Julia Child or an Iron Chef and wanting to be a fitness competitor. And those two types of people cannot pleasantly co-exist! One has to go. Sorry, Julia :(

No comments: