Monday, January 17, 2011

Oh poop

Ok, I had my first glich in carb cycling this weekend. Two glitches, really. But, I'm still only counting it as one since it was in the same cycle, two days, back to back. :(

This happens, it hasn't gotten me flustered though. I won't let it.

Friday was a high carb day so I ate pizza and a slice of heavenly pie. I focused really hard on not feeling guilty because it was a planned cheat and I deserved it. Although I couldn't help but second guess myself and wonder if I should have waited to have another cheat since I had one the previous Monday. Oh well, my measurements will tell me whether or not to space them farther apart.

Saturday was a great day. I did some shopping with just my husband while the kids were at Grandma's. It was a much needed break. Sunday, I made pancakes and eggs for dinner. I had eggs and turkey sausage as planned but it left me still wanting more. I should have added a vegetable (I should know better by now). So I caved and had a pancake. Then another.

Sunday, another good day for diet. Until after dinner. Hubs and I sat down to watch a movie (kids were at Grandma's again so it was perfect and relaxing). Then he breaks out the bag of chips. Usually, I can control myself because he always gets Sour Cream & Onion and they aren't my favorite. But still, I dug my hand in the bag too. AND, I had a piece of left over coffee cake. It was homemade with gluten free low glycemic flour and stevia, but it was still a carb. Sigh...

After I had eaten a bunch of chips and came in with the coffee cake my hubs was staring at me. I could feel it. So I looked at him, sitting there smirking. And I smiled and said, "I'll be good tomorrow". I was not going to let the fact that I am human bother me.

I know that I've stepped up my exercising and eating better so even if I slip up, I'm still doing good. I can't let it derail me. I have a goal, after all!

I'm going to continue on my same schedule, with my next high carb day being tomorrow (Tuesday) but I'm not going to add tons of carbs. I'm just going to have a baked potato with dinner. Saturday is my next scheduled high day. And before this little slip up, I was planning on making it a cheat because we had talked about going out to play pool or something like that. But I think I'll skip the appetizers and just had a glass of wine, maybe two. That is still a treat for me since I rarely drink (even though I would really enjoy a glass of wine with dinner most days).

As far as exercise last week, it went as planned. My arms routine is tough. Usually it's my legs routine that has me whimpering but I haven't been punishing them too badly. I'm taking it slow. I'm concentrating on getting my form perfect, with slow and controlled movements. Focusing on breath. Rather than hurry and get the reps done so I can up the weight next time.

No comments: