Sunday, March 20, 2011

*cricket....cricket*

It's been kinda quiet in here!

This past week has been a fitness disaster for me. The week started out ok but then I needed to get going on this Photoshop trial I am doing (I only have 30 days to try it before I decide if I want to fork over the big bucks for it) so I have done a lot of sitting. A lot.

I decided not to beat myself up over it and even take it one step further. I declared a rest week. Not an entire week but dern close...5 days. I realized that I haven't given my body a good rest in a few months so hopefully it will do me good. I'm ready to get back at it tomorrow though because I am feeling like a big old cow!

Sitting around does nothing for moral and motivation. I have this distorted image of myself gaining like a pound a day then feeling devastated as my self esteem and energy plummet. Well, my self esteem didn't plummet, nor did I gain a pound a day, but my hormones are really making me sluggish. And I didn't really care. I usually don't put fitness on the back burner but I am hoping that this rest will renew my focus and drive to succeed. I've got only 2 1/2 months to whip myself into the best shape possible. That isn't a lot of time. I'm hoping it will scare me into "super duper fitness model contest prep insanely clean diet and intense workout" mode - whatever that is. I just want to keep my motivation high so that I can keep my eyes on the prize.

No comments: