Tuesday, March 15, 2011

wow

I went to see a friend yesterday. She's a gorgeous stay at home mother of 3, just like me (although I tend to leave the word gorgeous out when describing myself). And like me she has a passion for fitness. But she is more on the other side of the fitness world, she's a runner. She does a lot of half marathons.

She and her husband recently finished their basement and built a fitness room so I had to go check it out. I must say, I think I'm a tad jealous! It was amazing. Glass door going in with a window decal that had their name and "fitness room", 3 cardio machines and a weight machine (not sure what you call it), flat screen on the wall, rubber flooring...VERY sweet. Although, it was a bit tight. Not much room for anything else because of all the equipment. But it fits her needs just fine since like I said, she mostly runs. It was wow.

And today I will go down to my dark basement, nothing fancy, and workout all the same. Your muscles don't care what your workout room looks like I guess. Although after seeing her vibrant blue colored walls I am thinking even just a new paint job to lighten things up down there could do wonders for my energy. I might have to mention that to my husband! We're constantly talking about painting in here. Almost every room in this house needs new paint. Maybe this summer?

Anyway, I am not quite sure what the point of this post was other than to say this friend of mine has a pretty sweet fitness room. Oh and my legs hurt. I did some heavier weights yesterday and I am feeling it today. I also think I may have pulled my hamstring a little. Dang.

No comments: